This trip visits the hidden gems of North East India and Bhutan. Tea plantations dominate the landscape; Darjeeling gives fantastic views of the huge Kangchenjunga, 8586m, the third highest mountain in the world. In Gangtok, the capital of Sikkim, we visit the important Buddhist centre for Tibetology. Later on, the trip takes us to the small mountain town of Kalimpong and the famous Rumtek Monastery.
After spending time in Kalimpong, a drive to the remote Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan where we explore the quaint Bhutanese towns and remote Dzongs. We walk to the famous Taksang Tiger’s Nest Monastery, clinging to the side of a cliff above Paro. Then a visit to Thimpu, the capital of Bhutan and Punakha Dzong. This is the ancient seat of government dating from the 17th Century and architecturally one of the most impressive sights in the country.
Some of the trips are timed to visit the annual masked dance festivals in Bhutan.
It is the client’s responsibility to acquire an Indian visa before departure.
What is included in the price?
- Accommodation (2 Nights: Delhi, Darjeeling, Gangtok, Punakha, Paro; 1 Night: Pelling,Kalimpong, Phuntsholing)
- Meals (In India (B/D: Breakfast and Dinner). In Bhutan:(B/L/D:Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner))
- Guide (English speaking local Leader)
- Transfers (All transfers and Sightseeing as per the itinerary)
- Domestic Flights (Paro-Delhi Flight)
What is not included in the price?
- Indian Visa Charges
- Tips for the local staff